Sunday, March 15, 2009


Like I said, I consider myself blessed. God gave me a passion for working out so I've never really thought of exercise as a burden I kind of chuckle at that now having to depend on movement so much. I have a pretty easy life with few demands and a considerable amount of free time. I'm a stay at home mom with one four year old so it's pretty easy for me to spend at least an hour each day working out and stretching. I get that my situation is ideal for what I'm preaching and that having a normal workday would present challenges. I get that I'm lucky to have the time and resources that I do, but really all it takes is 15 minutes, maybe a small piece of exercise equipment and a floor.

Here's how I put my "secret" into practice in the morning:
Like I said, my feet hit the floor in the morning and I go down to my home gym which is a Gazelle (thanks Tony Little!), a Total Gym, a ballet bar and an elliptical.

Ok, as embarrassing as this is, I have to say my Gazelle might just be my most prized possession. Ya know the question, what's the one thing you would go back into a burning building for (people aside of course) my $90 Gazelle is it! I hop on every day for 15 minutes at a very low rate of speed, my heart rate averages about 150 BPM max. It's here that I get to extend my legs and stretch my "rubber bands" after being in a prone position all night long. After only 10 minutes I begin to feel relief. This little machine is great because it doesn't take up too much space and can even travel with me since it's so light weight. In a pinch I've figured out that 15 minutes is enough to help, but most of the time I prefer to continue my workout and focus on building strength in my legs... but the rest of my morning workout is another entry I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment